- Search Homes
- Search Housemates
- How Do I?
- Use the Search Tool to Locate Potential Housemate
- Downsizing with Jane Green: # 1- Assessing the Project
- Downsizing with Jane Green: # 2- Starting the Sorting Process
- Downsizing with Jane Green: # 3- Making emotional decisions : Family Heirlooms
- Downsizing with Jane Green: # 4- Seasonal items "Does it Fit?" : Decision making for todays lifestyle
- Downsizing with Jane Green: # 5- To Consign or Not: Is it important
- Downsizing with Jane Green: # 6: Dealing with antique items
- Downsizing with Jane Green: # 7- Ephemera, Memorabilia and Photos
- Downsizing with Jane Green: # 8- Transporting and storing artwork
- Downsizing with Jane Green: # 9- A smaller Footprint means portability in furnishings
- Downsizing with Mark Ripkey: # 10- Toolboxes. What do you need?
- Downsizing with Mark Ripkey: # 11- Toolboxes. More essentials
- Downsizing Day 3- Zoe and Deirdre talk about emotionally de-cluttering life
- Splitting the Rent Calculator
- Who We Are
- Log in
- Sign up
Let's Share Housing: Affordable Choice for Today
Keeping Communities Strong
At a grass roots level our communities thrive on engagement. Large homes occupied by a single long-time homeowner could easily be a thriving household. A Home provider can benefit by allowing home upkeep tasks to be shared within the household. Why not allow members to contribute their talents to the household?
Coming home, being at home, feels a lot more comfortable
when someone leaves the light on, has prepared a meal or helps the home reduce utility expenses with their household contribution. It's a win-win for home-sharers..and the community over all!
Shared housing is on the mind of everyone these days because overall shared housing enhance lives and makes REAL sense.
Reduces Carbon Footprint.
Shared Housing: It's Green
Utilities: Why waste energy?
Living alone can be isolating and is proven to affect overall well-being.
Sharing a home adds vitality, conversation and is live enhancing. Not to mention the security of having someone around in case of a mishap.
Tools for Exploring Shared Housing
Shared housing is a grass roots movement gaining momentum nationwide.
Though we are primarily based in Portland Oregon, serving the metro Portland area, the site helps members nationwide find one another. We can offer advice to ANYONE, nationwide about shared housing. As a member it’s a do-it-yourself process, though our shared housing advocates can advise you along the way.
Lets Share Housing provides resources and links to other home sharing services nationwide. Or you may choose to browse the site for those offering shared housing.
It's an education thing.
Talk to your friends about shared housing and the potential benefits. Let neighborhood associations know about Lets Share Housing. (We can speak to your group about shared housing.) Click the contact us link to send us a message or if you’d like to offer your shared housing expertise.
Who Shares Housing?
Need MORE Help?
We have LOTS of experience with shared housing and can pass our experience and suggestions for finding a space OR for readying a home that a provider is getting ready to share. Recommendations, education, marketing. We can help!
We offer a variety of service packages if you’d like us to do most of the legwork in finding a someone who is a compliment to your own housing situation. We have the tools and experience
Just like anything else, shared housing MAY NOT be a fit for Everyone!
Is shared housing right for you? You won't know until you give it some thought,talk with others in your community and explore the rewards of shared housing!